Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Playing Catch-Up and a Cold

The end of last week and the weekend were busy and I knew I probably wouldn't have much time to post.... Here's the re-cap.

Thursday I was going to workout but didn't. My allergies started acting up and I had a lot of sinus pressure, was tiring easily, and felt as though my energy was zapped. Instead of working out I cleaned my room and organized my closet. I also packed for the weekend, which usually takes a little time. I also went through the mounting pile of mail (catalogs and other random things that I usually set aside to look at when I have time), and picked up the kitchen a little.... There wasn't much to do but I felt like I had to do something. I cannot stand to just lay around and do nothing, even when I feel yucky. I went to bed early and planned to get up and do a workout on Friday morning because I needed to do SOMETHING since I was headed out of town right after work.

I did get up early and did a walk with a little light jogging...Not too much, but I got some cardio in and felt good about it. My allergies were still bothering me, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. After work I was packed for a weekend in the city. To me it doesn't matter if you can go for the day and come home, there's something different about going and staying.

I had a good weekend.. My cousin and I did some shopping, took in a baseball game (sadly our team lost), had some dinner, and went out to meet up with some friends for the evening. We headed home Sunday since she had to work Monday. I spent the afternoon at my parents' house, just kind of lounging around because by afternoon I had developed a horrible cough and couldn't stop sneezing or blowing my nose. Maybe what had been allergies causing sinus issues was really something more? Or it just turned into something more because I was busy all weekend. Luckily I still had Monday off, and spent most of it babysitting my cousin's daughter. I still didn't feel well, but she is just getting over the same thing (probably caught it from her!). When it was nap time, we both napped. I had dinner with my parents' before heading home. I didn't do much of anything after I got home, as I was still feeling pretty yucky.

Tuesday came and it was back to work... What an awful day. It felt like a Monday. I couldn't find my name tag, but later found it under the seat of my car. At least it wasn't lost, I guess. I worked half a day because I was still feeling so yucky. My boss actually suggested I leave early. So? I did. I went to the store and bought some more meds, soup, and a couple other things, and headed home. I spent most of the afternoon laying around, and took a pretty decent nap on the couch. I decided that I should try to at least accomplish something so I unpacked from the weekend. That took me... A while. I'd do a little, get exhausted, and I'd have to go rest for a while. I had a hard time just laying there though... I had to get up and move around a little. I also managed to unload the dishwasher and put the clean dishes away. That was pretty much the extent of my activity for the day. I dozed off on the couch again later in the evening. I was even feeling too tired to sit up and write a blog post. Crazy, huh?

Again, I went to bed pretty early and despite taking meds I didn't stay asleep for very long... I was up after a few hours, then about every hour to hour and a half after that. I got up and took more meds when I could, but I kept waking up coughing like crazy.

Needless to say I have not worked out since Friday morning. The weekend was busy, and despite taking my laptop, workout DVDs, and clothes with me, I just did not get time to workout when we were in the city. Then I started coughing, sneezing, and wheezing, and didn't workout Sunday afternoon or Monday. Obviously yesterday was a bust too.

UGH! I hate that. I think that's why I feel the need to move around and at least do SOMETHING. I weighed myself this morning and despite a weekend full of sodium-laden foods my weight wasn't bad. I think I was up a pound from what I was last week, although I've been so foggy brained it's hard to remember. Anyway, it was nothing bad and I am sure that will be gone quickly...Probably by tomorrow. I just have to be sure to drink my water.

I didn't drink as much yesterday as I usually do but still drank more than most people tend to. I haven't had an appetite and things are tasting different. I actually ate this taco dip type stuff and baked chips for both lunch and dinner....NOT healthy I know, but at least it was all low fat (although full of more sodium!). I had made some soup for dinner but it did not taste good to me. I don't know if it was that I had a cold or it was the soup. I bought low sodium canned chicken noodle and the flavor was just awful. Maybe the missing sodium was the key to better tasting soup? I suppose it wasn't bad that I didn't eat it... It was just natural, processed, yuck in a can. Who wants to eat that anyway!?

I slept in this morning because I'm still not feeling well. I've heard that this yucky stuff that I have is going around and in some people it's turned into bronchitis. I'm hoping it'll go away in a few more days, without a trip to the doc or antibiotics. I think if it's not better by early next week, I will call the doc. Other than being tired, as the day went on a felt a little better. My boss offered for me to go home early, but I wanted to stick it out rather than use up my hours... I had paperwork to do anyway. My goal for today is to just walk... Nothing spectacular in terms of exercise, but something. With this lack of energy it might be quite the workout. I thought that, even if it is light, some cardio is better than no exercise at all. I can't wait to start feeling better so I can get back to morning DVD workouts and more intense evening cardio sessions. Hopefully it will be soon!!! Until then, I'll walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment