I remember back in the MySpace days that these "surveys" were all the rage. I decided to do this one because it's about health. It will also allow my readers to (possibly) get to know me a bit better.
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Today I had a Shakeology shake - "Butterfinger" flavored. This was chocolate Shakeology, butterscotch pudding mix (fat free, sugar free), a little ice, and some fat free milk. I also had a travel mug (about 12 oz) of coffee. Other days I use the mix, fruit, ice, and water...Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. I do snack mid-morning (generally fruit).
2. How much water do you drink a day?
It really depends on the day, but on a low day 14 eight ounce cups, up to 24. I usually average between 18 and 20.
3. What is your least favorite “healthy” food?
Hmmm.. I'm not sure. I don't eat what I don't like. I know I've tried recipes that I haven't liked, but I can't remember what they were.
4. What is your favorite fruit?
Oh boy... A favorite? I can't choose just one - I'd say blueberries, strawberries, and Cuties!
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
I'm guessing this means through exercise alone...It depends on the week. I believe my SP goal is set somewhere between 2600 and 2700.
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
This varies by the day. It's anywhere between 1300 and 1800 depending on my workout.
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Fruits, laughing cow cheese wedges and some whole grain crackers, hummus and crackers or baby carrots.
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
This varies, but usually left overs from dinner the night before, but in a smaller portion or with one less side.
10. What is usually for dinner?
I aim for a lean protein (chicken, turkey, fish - or sometimes extra lean ground beef) and usually two veggies. Sometimes some whole grain rice, quinoa, or cous cous goes with it.
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Hmmm... That's a tough one. I'd say my abs. I always feel like I'm smaller through the middle after some good ab work. I like feeling tight all over, but that's my favorite place. It's the hardest so I think it's the most rewarding when I'm done.
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
My arms.... Funny, my upper body strength could use the most work!
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
Strength training via weight lifting. I'd rather do body weight training or use bands. I also like to use DVDs because that keeps it more interesting.
14. What is your favorite exercise?
Running, Turbofire, anything dance-based as long as it's high impact and gives me a good burn. I hate wasting my time with long workouts that result in a low calorie burn.
15. What is your “bad” food cravings?
Salty things have always been my biggest weakness...Chips, popcorn.
16. What is your go to workout song?
"Settlin'" by Sugarland. It reminds me of why I started this journey and that nothing less than my best is good enough for me. It always makes me step it up.
17. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Just a multi-vitamin for women.
18. How often do you eat out?
Recently it's been weekly, which I'm trying to cut back on again. Some weeks were bad (like twice in one week, or sometimes in a day!). I'd like to get back into a bi-weekly, or less habit of eating out.
19. Do you eat fast food?
I sometimes eat at places like Panera or Subway.... Less harmful (I think) options. This is pretty rare, though... Usually if I'm out for a day of shopping or something (Panera seems to always hit the spot).
20. How do you stay motivated?
I read blogs, look at motivational facebook pages, look at how far I've come, and read random motivational things.
21. Who is your biggest supporter?
Some of my family members (this includes a few people who are not really family but I look at them as family).
22. How much weight have you lost?
I am currently fluctuating between 150 and 160 pounds lost... Getting back on the losing track.
23. How did you determine your goal weight?
My goal is always changing. I still haven't reached my ultimate goal (30-some pounds away). I keep changing it, based on how I look and feel. I'd say I have an ideal of what I want to look like, and what size I want to be in clothing, and that will be my happy place. 24. Do you have a gym membership?
No. 25. How often do you work out?
My goal is six days a week, but sometimes due to various circumstances it might be five... or even worse, only four! Other weeks it's seven.
26. What is your favorite gym equipment to use?
My treadmill.. Although I do have a love-hate relationship with it.
27. How much sleep do you get a night?
It varies. I aim for eight.
28. Are you a morning or night workout person?
I typically workout most often in the evening, after work. I have been trying to do two-a-day workouts so I'd be working out in both the morning and evening. My ideal time of day to workout would be mid to late morning.
29. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. I have what I want, in moderation, but overall eat healthy.
30. Do you drink soda?
31. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
Yes. Too much. This kind of goes along with eating out more often... When I eat out I usually have a couple drinks.
32. Any other vices?
33. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
I think that, like anyone, I have issues with my body.... I hate that my skin sags in places, from losing weight. I wish my boobs were bigger. I love the curve in my upper body. I'm smaller on top and the curve around my waist is lovely....I don't like that my hips aren't so lovely. I also like the bones that stick out (collar bone, spine, feeling my ribs).
34. Do you have a workout buddy?
Nope. Sometimes someone will join me, but most of the time I'm solo.
35. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
There really is SO MUCH. In general though, I feel better... I feel stronger (mentally and physically), I'm more confident, more outgoing, happier, more approachable, and I feel healthy. I feel that I look better. I look forward to things that I never thought I would -- like sweating during a workout!!