I was looking for something different to add to the blog since my posts are frequently similar. I mean, what can you write about on a regular basis about healthy eating and fitness? I feel that my posts have become fairly routine; diary style. I haven't had a recent race to post about so I've decided to add some theme days in. Now if I can remember to stick to the theme weekly, well, that will be another story.
I just Goolged themes for Thursday. Naturally Throwback Thursday came up, but that typically seems to be a social media picture type thing. I suppose I could write about something that happened in the past, but that just doesn't seem to be as much fun. I suppose I could write something to go along with a picture however I'd have to dig and I don't have the time for that right now, as I am in a bit of a rush (between work and a meeting and have only 30 minutes to post and do an errands...so...short on time equals a shorter post!).
I found Thirteen Thursday. I like it. It's a theme and it has the whole "t" thing going on. AND it's a fun list of thirteen random things. I'll try to keep my lists related to health and fitness but I'm sure I'll have difficulty with that at times.
For my first list...
Thirteen of my Favorite HEALTHY Foods (in no particular order):
7. lettuce (once I ordered JUST a cup of lettuce at a Taco Bell after the bar... So weird. SO NOT a burrito, taco, or other unhealthy menu item).
9. spaghetti squash (butternut too, since we are on the squash subject)
11. seafood - but only white fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops (although the time I had them they were fried, so, not so healthy).... Any MILD seafood I'm good with. Nothing fishy tasting. Yuck.
12. nuts - almonds and pistachios are my favorites
13. almond milk (I only use regular milk if I absolutely HAVE to)
And there you have it... Thirteen of my favorite healthy foods. I'd say they are most likely the top thirteen since they're the first thirteen that came to mind.
I'm off to this meeting and then off to spend the evening with my guy.... No workout tonight because of the time factor. I tried to get up early to get it in but failed miserably (totally fell back asleep - oops!). Last night I did not end up running because my poor muscle that had been cramped was still super sore and when I tried it started to cramp again. I wanted to do something so I kept it light. I did a foam roller workout (combo of stretching and some light strengthening moves). It wasn't a huge burner but it was some movement and it made my calf feel a lot better!
I suppose that's about it for now!