Thursday, July 10, 2014


*This is a post from Wednesday that I didn't post...

Wow! It's shaping up to be another fast flying week. I've been busy both at work and after work, so that's most likely why time is flying.  I don't have as much going on tonight so that will either make my day and week seem longer or it'll end up flying by because there are things I can accomplish (laundry, dishes, cleaning...FUN stuff!).

Monday was the standing date night. I did CLX Burn 1 and then walked the dogs for about half an hour before our wrestling date.  I think I had left overs from our 4th of July party for dinner that night. Or maybe some of Sunday's left over pizza....One of the two. I've been eating left overs all week so it sort of blends together. 

Yesterday I went home and got my 30 minute training run in (training for a 10 miler in October) and showered before heading over to my boyfriend's Aunt's for a cookout. We were there until sometime around 9:30 and I didn't make it awake very long after we got home. I was falling asleep so I told him good night around 10:30 (at 10:15 it was my goal to make it that long!).  I don't typically go to bed without him but last night I was exhausted.

My run yesterday was...Difficult. First, it had been raining so I ended up on the treadmill. Sure enough the sun came out and it was dried up fairly quickly, but oh well.  So the treadmill is boring torture to me. I want to go slower than normal on it and, well, I just don't like the dang thing. So that made it super difficult. Second... My legs were not happy.  I was starting to get pretty sore from Monday's CLX workout by yesterday afternoon. I felt fine in terms of breathing and such, but my legs hurt SO bad.  I plugged away at a fairly slow (for me) jog and finished the 30 minutes in what felt like longer than that.  After my run, the soreness really set it. All night I was sore. I've been sore most of the day today but it does seem better this afternoon.  I'm not feeling it quite as much anyway. 

I know why I'm sore... I worked muscles that haven't been worked in that way in a while. As much as it isn't so much fun to be sore, I like it. In a way it feels good to me... Because I know I worked my muscles and pushed hard. I'm also kind of bummed that I'm so sore because it means that in the last...however long it's been since I did ST (a couple months!?)... my muscles have obviously had some deterioration. It makes me annoyed with myself that I got away from it.  BUT I'm also happy that I am back into the swing of things.  I have CLX Burn 2 on the agenda for today and will most likely walk the dogs for a bit. My time isn't as crunched as it was on Monday so we'll probably walk for an hour rather than half an hour. 

I suppose I should get moving... I need to get Burn 2 done and then go make dinner. I plan to grill some chicken topped with black bean and mango salsa (recipe from Skinnytaste). I'm altering the recipe slightly, as I do not care for raw onion and my cilantro needed to be tossed. I may jazz it up with some extra spices or something....Whatever I end up adding or taking away, it sounds yummy and I can't wait to have some! I'll probably just steam some veggies to have on the side. Or maybe some quinoa on the side. Or maybe I'll have both in some sort of concoction that I'm sure I'll find on Pinterest.  We'll see how hungry I am after my workout and some cleaning.  I'll most likely walk later this evening, after dinner. 

I suppose that's about it for now. It should be a fairly quiet and laid-back night for us, which I'm looking forward to! I'm also looking for a little Mommy-Puppy (okay at ages seven and eight they're no longer puppies, nor are they small enough to be mistaken as such , BUT STILL...) bonding time which we will have on our walk.

Off I make these muscles burn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment