In the last few years bucket lists have become popular. I never thought of having one. Generally if there was something I wanted to do, I'd do it. Since losing weight and being able to do more, physically, I've started to think that a bucket list might not be a bad idea. Things that I thought would be fun to do, but couldn't (or at least couldn't do them well; or was too fearful to try due to my size - usually the case), are a reality now. I've gotten rid of some of the fear of trying them. I didn't want to look odd. I felt that my size prevented me from doing a lot of things....I let it. The truth is, no matter your size (unless due to a safety reason!!), you shouldn't be afraid to try things based on how you might look doing them. Or because you're fearful that you can't. You won't know unless you try!!
Life is an adventure. My change in living has really helped me to embrace; I want to do more things. Life is also short, and I would like to accomplish as many things on my bucket list as I can.
Some of what I've listed are not adventure-based; they're just things I want in my life. I will continue to add to it; this is just the start!
1. Be a mother, even if just to one child.
2. Get married.
3. Become a certified personal trainer or group fitness instructor... I haven't decided which sounds more appealing to me.
4. Be in People or some other form of media that does those "half my size" type stories. It's just another way to maybe motivate or inspire someone.
5. Surf in Hawaii.
6. Go back to Red Rock Canyon and hike... REALLY hike this time. I want to fit through the spaces I couldn't, to climb higher, and to really use my strength and work up a sweat.
7. Swim with dolphins.
8. Go to Walt Disney World. - DONE 2/21/13
9. Compete in an adventure race like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder. - DONE 8/25/12
10. Run the Color Run....With my focus on having fun, not on my time or athleticism. - DONE 8/5/12
11. Literally help an old person cross the street.
12. Help with one of those "Adopt a Highway" clean-ups.
13. Travel to Greece, especially the Greek Isles of Santorini and Crete.
14. Run Disney's Princess Half Marathon (at Disney World....hmmmm...completing this would take two off of my list). - DONE 2/24/13
15. Complete a 10K race. - DONE 1/12/13
16. Get a Disney Coast-to-Coast medal. This means doing a Disney race at WDW and Disneyland within the same calendar year. I'd most likely do the Princess Half and then the Disneyland half.
17. Participate in a Ragnar Relay. I'd prefer Napa Valley or Vegas, but there is a Chicago race which is much more practical for me because of location. I might have better luck forming a Chicago team.